About Me

My photo
This is my 6th year teaching! I am a Michigan native and moved down to North Carolina to have my dream classroom!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Quarter 3, Week 1


Welcome Back!

I have missed my 2nd graders so much! I am grateful for such an amazing group of children. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Thank You!

Thank you to all of who thought of me during Christmas. I  enjoyed every card, gift, homemade pictures and treats! It was very kind of all of you to think of me! 

In-House Fieldtrip:

The second installment for the In-House fieldtrip is due Friday, Feb. 1st. If you paid the full amount in September, this does not apply to you. If you broke your payment into two, the second amount owed is $17. Our next visit, "Everything Matters," is scheduled for March 5th.

Letterland:

We have decided as a second grade team to begin administering weekly Spelling Test. Each week your child will receive a word list which will include words that focus on the Letterland story logic being studied as well as High Frequency Words (HWF.) The tests will be given on Fridays.


Each night your child will have Letterland homework. You will see it tomorrow on the PINK homework sheet.

Dinner Guest:

This week our featured text is Lilly's Big Day by Kevin Henkes. Our targeted words for each day are:

- Tuesday - "assistant"
- Wednesday - "proudly"
- Thursday -  "ceremony"
- Friday - "motioned" and "exhausted"

Upcoming Events:

Track-In Day (first day back to school) Jan. 22

Fieldtrip Money Due (2nd installment) Feb. 1

Early Release (dismissal at 1:15) Feb. 8

Spring Pictures Feb. 19

Early Release (dismissal at 1:15) Mar. 1

Everything Matters In-House Fieldtrip Mar. 5


No comments:

Post a Comment