About Me

My photo
This is my 6th year teaching! I am a Michigan native and moved down to North Carolina to have my dream classroom!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!


          In honor of Election Day, our class researched and voted our choice for America's next President. We learned vocabulary such as ballot, campaign and term. We also learned rules that Americans need to follow in order to campaign for presidency. We were very surprised to find out that Obama is much younger than Romney! We inserted a little timeline lesson and it's interesting to see how children react to speaking about the 20th century. It is such an abstract concept that they tend to think I am ancient when I tell them the year I was born. This is very humorous!  
           We experienced what it meant to vote on something and not always win. This is a very hard lesson! We used our own thoughts (not our friends) and ideas to decide who should be America's next President. After we voted, we wrote about what we would do if we were President.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment